Re: Help needed: pftools: multiple definition of `VectorPosition'

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 14:32, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 08:19:57PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> Fixed current release,
> Pushed to salsa. Please take a look. However the watch file seems to be not
> working
>
> uscan warn: In watch file debian/watch, reading FTP directory
>   ftp://ftp.lausanne.sib.swiss/pub/software/unix/pftools/pftoolsV3/ failed:
> 404 File 'pftoolsV3' not found
>
> I get 404 on ftp mirror as well, were you trying to update from here?[1]

Ahhh, for sure we should package the latest release.  Thanks also for
the hint by John Marshall to the fix in the latest upstream code.  I
updated Salsa but the switch to cmake needs more work.  Any volunteer
to continue my work on the new version (which does not build as it is
in Git currently :-()

It seems that you removed all the patches here[1]. Are none of them needed now? I see atleast some files as it was in the previous version - are they fixed now if you had checked?
I just intend to ask you if we don't need to care about those patches anymore(except the gcc-10 one) before we try to fix the rest of stuff.

PS: That's another proof that it makes sense to check all our packages at
    least once per release since otherwise we would not have realised the
    move of the upstream code ...

Indeed, that's a good idea!