Re: /usr/bin/picard Re: bcbio will need another while - needs gatk

Hi Steffen,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 02:39:03PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> >> I just checked what my installation has in this directory ... and it
> >> seems like I spotted a typo (or a creative fix of a typo elsewhere)
> > ?
> tranlate misses the "s"

Fixed in new upload.  BTW, it would be perfectly fine if you simply
fix such things in a team upload.

> >> I presume you would be happy for me to put there a link from cnvkit.py
> >> (like bcbio expects it) to /usr/bin/cnvkit, right?
> > Well, I think its orthogonal to my own happyness.  If it works for
> > you just do the same as in the given example package.
> I added that symlink and then patched bcbio to not expect the .py since
> bcbio ignored the $PATH on this one.

Fine for me.  Regarding the .py extension I became quite relaxed.  See
our package template:

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/package_template/-/blob/master/debian/lintian-overrides

> > I think we are pretty close to snpEff due to Pierre's efforts.
>
> Nice!
>
> This may be worth a sidenote - bcbio to me is something metaphorical. We
> have it in the distribution already. And now we work to get all the
> runtime-dependencies in to make it functional. And snpEff is pretty high
> up (it interprets the importance of nucleotide variations, you need to
> have identified these variants for that, first). So, my comment on
> "snpeff" being invoked was to be interpreted as "see, here we are already".

Snpeff is wanted from several sided.  I really hope we get it soon.