Re: libmaus2 update attempt 2.0.762^W 764^W 762 & libsecrecy intro

Hi Étienne,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 05:45:44PM +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> While working on updating the libmaus2 to version 2.0.762, the
> program routine-update caught the version 2.0.764, which failed
> to build, apparently due to a new dependency not yet part of
> Debian, the brand new headers-only libsecrecy:
>
> 	https://gitlab.com/german.tischler/libsecrecy/
>
> I'm finishing the update of libmaus2 to version 2.0.762,
> although it is already outdated, because the current version
> 2.0.743 in unstable is too old for the newer version of its
> biobambam2 reverse dependency.

Sounds pretty sensible.

> I am also not sure of the time
> it would take to get the libsecrecy into the archive given that
> the freeze is two months from now.

Given that ftpmaster is soooooo fast since some time I have no
doubt we will manage this.  If you want to start a new package
(which looks pretty straightforward from a short look) you can
do so.  Otherwise I might have some spare cycles tomorrow.

> There is also this lintian warning about missing symbols in this
> shared library which is nagging me:
>
> 	W shared-library-lacks-prerequisites
> 		usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmaus2/2.0.743/libmaus2_scram_mod.so
>
> The lintian recommendation about putting flags such as -lc did
> not give much effect.  I'm suspecting some peculiarity in the
> way the library is linked, but I'm not sure if there is such
> corner case possible, or if I'm just missing something somewhere
> else.
>
> I pushed changes on Salsa for further review, as I'm not
> entirely sure yet that the library can be released as is:
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libmaus2
>
> I'm still running additionnal builds to catch eventual
> regressions on arm64 and ppc64el, just in case.

Very cool.  Please let us know the result.