Re: Purposing help

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 01:42:25PM +0200, darkgagan@gmx.fr wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I saw on debian-fr.org a post searching help against this f$*!#ng covid.
>
> I'm French and I want to help if I can.

Thanks a lot for your offer to help.  That's very welcome.

> I use Linux for almost 20 years and Debian GNU/Linux for almost 15 years.

Good to know! ;-)

> I'm not a coder for packaging (just some skills in html-css-php-bash) but I can translate English to French.

There is a Debian French translation team

     https://www.debian.org/international/French

You could check to translate package descriptions of packages that
are packaged by the Debian Med team.  Here you can see what is done
and what needs to be done in the field of bioinformatics

     https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio.fr.html

Please note: Some knowledge of the actual topic might be of big
help here.  But before you start it might be sensible to coordinate
with the Debian French translation team.

> Also, this is the first time for me doing this, so I don't really know how to do this.

You did perfectly right to ask here.  Another extremely valuable job
would be to contact upstream of non-free software to release their
code as free software.  We have some list of things that are done
and that needs to be done here:

     https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

Sometimes even finding the correct means of contact would be helpful.

We also could need some contact to the Debian publicity team, writing
some blog articles, posts in social media (which is all not done yet).

> If my purpose presents some intererests for you, please mail me back.

Any help is welcome - I hope I was able to present some tasks you might
enjoy