Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andreas,

On September 12, 2020 22:50:02 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

Hi Andrei,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 08:44:40PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
Thanks for that.

You are welcome.

I have compiled it in the past without issues making no changes in cflags.

The only reason I did the patch was a sed line in
https://github.com/ghackebeil/gjh_asl_json/blob/master/Thirdparty/get.ASL

Probably those cflags would not make huge difference in the end.

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

In Debian it is good to propagate CFLAGS (and other compiler flags into
upstream Makefile.  I fixed the patch to accomplish this and have
standard build flags (which are generated from the hardening option
for instance) as well as the recommended flags.

The resulting package does not yet feature any build results which is as
far as I see a development library.  That means the package name should
be probably

    libampl-netlib-solvers-dev

Please make sure the *.a file that is build will be installed.  I'd
recomment to have a look for instance into

    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libvcflib/-/blob/master/debian/libvcflib-dev.install

(well, there is a *.so file installed but the point is that it is installed
in DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH).  You also need to add dh-exec to Build-Depends.
Usually also *.h files need to be installed.

Ok. Will do.

Regarding lintian warnings:  I think you should simply remove the
doc-base file.  There is no relevant documentation to register and this
template is not needed.  Probably also the debian/tests dir can be
removed.

Thanks for the guidance.

Best
AndreiR