Re: Bumping debhelper compat of hmmer2 to 13 causes: configure: error: unrecognized option: --runstatedir=/run

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 at 14:45, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to refresh hmmer2 packaging to recent packaging standards (and
drop pvm (as suggested when I was asking about a bug in pvm).  Inside the
last release I used the weak approach:

  * Stick to debhelper 10 (in compat level 11 dh_auto_configure
    passes --runstatedir=/run to ./configure.  This causes FTBFS.)

but I think now it is time to deal with

I Fixed and pushed it.
Saw a similar bug report and tried to emulate sensible parts here - and bang, worked!
The Autopkgtests look fine as well
There are however a few lintian warnings but I'd leave it for you to see :-)

Kind Regards,
Nilesh