Re: RFS: nanostat

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 10:11:49PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/nanostat
>
> Please kindly give it a spin. PyTorch etc is more important, no need to
> stress it as a "no-more-running-Sprint"-thingy, we shall add it once it
> is accepted, anyway.

Can you please make it team maintained?  To my experience the way
I described how to do a package at

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/MoM/-/wikis/home#quickstart-with-debian-med-package-template%22

is the most time efficient way and ensures that your package follows the
team policy.  It would be great if you would prefer this over dh-make
which in the end creates more work (or please tell my what is missing in
our template in case you consider this wrong).

BTW, dh-make also adds the perfectly redundant "debian uupdate" to the
watch file.  Routine-update does not work properly with this.  The
easiest solution is to simply not use this redundant strings (or not use
dh-make at all as I'd suggest for years).  The possibly better solution
would be to fix routine-update but I will not spent my time into it
since for me that problem is not visible in the packages I'm touching.