Re: RoSA ante portas - happily pass this on

Hi

(Dylan, please see below)

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 09:36:53PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:

> RoSA is one of the workflow packages, i.e. one of the packages
> motivating the sprint. It is in salsa now. Yeah!
>
> This is both R and python in one source package and ... it took me too
> much time of my time today, such that I don't want to continue investing
> into it. On salsa.d.o/med-team/rosa we have something that compiles and
> packages but does not test because somehow my attempts to set the paths
> have failed miserably.

Would you mind explaining what you did for a build time test?  I've
added an autopkgtest for the R part.

> Also, the dependencies liested in|conda_env.yml
> still need to be translated into the Debian package names.

I admit I'm wondering how all these dependencies in conda_env.yml are
used.  For instance the R packages do not seem to be needed:  dh-make-R
does not find any needed dependencies and the autopkgtest is passing.

@Dylan: Any idea how to fix

E: r-other-rosa: requires-r-api
N:
N:    This package ships a site library for the R programming language package
N:    but does not declare the R API r-api-<N> as a package prerequisite.
N:
N:    With the dh sequencer, please use --buildsystem=R in debian/rules and
N:    add the substitution variable ${R:Depends} to the Depends field in
N:    debian/control.
N:
N:    Refer to https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/r-pkg-team for details.
N: