[Help Needed] pyranges

Hi,
pyranges finally builds now with passing tests - however there are a few issues as lintian reports.

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.30-8) ...
E: pyranges source: source-is-missing docs/libs/gitbook-2.6.7/js/app.min.js
E: pyranges source: source-is-missing docs/libs/gitbook-2.6.7/js/lunr.js line length is 14839 characters (>512)
E: pyranges source: source-is-missing docs/libs/jquery-2.2.3/jquery.min.js
E: python3-pyranges: unknown-file-in-python-module-directory usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/hi

I know what this is about - this is because this ships minified _javascript_ - which is forbidden in debian.
There are several such JS files vendored in the documentation.

However - the documentation is vendored in two formats:
1. html files with corresponding JS
2. The exact same documentation is also vendored in .Rmd format - I've compared it and it is indeed, same.

Now, coming to the problem:There are two ways to fix the errors:

1. The most ideal way will be to remove all the _javascript_ files and symlink against system files.
However, as you can see: there's a file named "app.min.js" : this is a pretty generic name with no obvious source.
Hence, I need to ask upstream to provide that file and minify it during build - not sure how many
weeks(or months this will take)

2. Simply remove the html + vendored JS. The documentation is anyway vendored in .Rmd files, and
 by doing this I'm not depriving the users from the documentation - I'm just reducing the functionality
 a little by removing html files.

 I admit that I'm honestly tempted to go with this option since this saves me from a lot of un-necessary work
 as well as waiting for upstream to give me the source of "app.min.js" - the docs are delivered anyway, albeit in
 different format - hence I do not see any side-effects of doing this.

I need opinions and "ACKs" before I do anything. Please let me know  what seems good to you.

Kind Regards,
Nilesh