Re: RFS: cgview

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 03:17, Pranav Ballaney <ballaneypranav@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andreas,

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 1:21 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Pranav,

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 09:54:56PM +0530, Pranav Ballaney wrote:
> I've added autopkgtests to cgview. Since the output is an image, I haven't
> compared it to a reference - is that alright?

Its definitely better than nothing.

> If not, how do we usually test packages like this? I tried running a diff
> but that reported the files to be different, even though they were visually
> the same.

I somehow thought there are some image comparison packages inside Debian.
A short search has lead me to

   https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/questions/9774/command-line-tool-to-check-whether-two-images-are-exactly-the-same-graphically

which recommends

   identify -quiet -format "%#" images...

> Please take a look and let me know if any additional steps are required.
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/cgview

Please note that I used xz compression on the xml data to save some
space also on developers machines.  I've also called routine-update -f
to update the packaging.  I do not think that the image comparison is
mandatory here - its way better to test at all than to make it perfect.
But if you want to give identify a try that would be fine.

Okay then let's leave the test here. Thanks for the compression, I'll keep that in mind for future tests.

However, we have a remaining problem in my pbuilder chroot:

autopkgtest [19:32:42]: test run-unit-test: [-----------------------
run-detectors: unable to find an interpreter for /usr/bin/cgview
autopkgtest [19:32:43]: test run-unit-test: -----------------------]
autopkgtest [19:32:43]: test run-unit-test:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - - - - - - -
run-unit-test        FAIL non-zero exit status 2

This is weird - all tests pass in my chroot. Could it be like the issue we had with loki a few months ago?
It worked perfectly on Liubov's machine too.

@Nilesh, could you please take a look here?

It somehow sounds similar to this thread:

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2016/04/msg00098.html

I'd recommend to check with debian-java@lists.debian.org .  In
the case of artfastqgenerator I've circumvented the problem
a wrapper script.

Let's let Nilesh try it once, and if the problem persists, we'll take it up with the Java team.

It doesn't work for me. However the error is different from Andreas's.
Pasting them below:

(Reading database ... 17925 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing autopkgtest-satdep (0) ...
autopkgtest [03:50:57]: test run-unit-test: [-----------------------
/tmp/autopkgtest.VDRUQo/build.fD2/real-tree/debian/tests/run-unit-test: line 22: /usr/bin/cgview: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
autopkgtest [03:50:58]: test run-unit-test: -----------------------]
autopkgtest [03:50:58]: test run-unit-test:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - - - - - - -
run-unit-test        FAIL non-zero exit status 126
autopkgtest [03:50:58]: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ summary
run-unit-test        FAIL non-zero exit status 126

Liubov, could you try this once and let us know the output?

Kind Regards,
Nilesh