Re: ncbi-igblast - compiles so much redundant general NCBI bits - wrong source tree?

Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> writes:

> This ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/executables/igblast/release/1.15.0/ is
> where I got the source tree. It is not the case that igblast also occurs
> elsewhere, say together with the regular NCBI tools, and I am not aware
> of it.

ncbi-blast+ and ncbi-igblast are both offshoots of the unpackaged NCBI
C++ Toolkit, albeit with their own release cycles.  I'd suggest building
the helper libraries statically here, by changing --with-dll to
--without-dll.  (The default is somewhere in between, producing PIC
static libraries, whereas you want PIE if anything.)

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu