routine-update, wnpp-check and tasks (Was: poa: fix ftbfs with gcc-10)

[Writing in public since this might be interesting for others]

Hi Étienne,

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 11:43:05PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> >    routine-update -f
> >
> > as I did.  This automagically created several changelog entries but
> > since I consider the bug fixed by you I left the changelog with your ID.
> > :-)
>
> This was what I was telling to myself while browsing the
> changelog.  This catches even more things than Lintian actually.
> ;)

:-)

> > If I were you I would have clone the repository and fire up
> > itp_from_debian_dir which is the least work. ;-)  But I noticed
> > that you filed the RFP and simply added the closes statement (to
> > get it finally exposed to the tasks pages).
>
> By chance is there a place I am missing where such a program
> would be readily available ?

You mean whether an ITP/RFP bug was filed before?

$ wnpp-check orca
(RFP - #959381) http://bugs.debian.org/959381 plotly-orca

No idea whether you mean this one

> reportbug, most fortunately
> provides a quite sensible template, but I guess when dealing
> with multiple missing packages pulled by an interesting one,
> this comes in handy.

I admit itp_from_debian_dir[1] is a bit hidden (seems it also should
call wnpp-check before doing its work) but its very handy.

> Speaking of tasks, I believe I might have missed that aspect
> until then.  Is there a particular operation I should do to make
> sure packages are recorded in the blend, assuming they are
> relevant enough to be part of it ?

In the case of poa it is in med-bio and you can find it in the according
blends task[2].  If you want to add some package to the covid-19 task
just add it here[3].  The syntax is similar do debian/control files and
explained in the Blends documentation[4].

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/dh-r/-/blob/master/scripts/itp_from_debian_dir
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/med/-/blob/master/tasks/bio#L89