Re: Packaging libsis-jhdf5-java -- help needed

Hi Gilles,

Le 29/04/2020 à 17:53, Gilles Filippini a écrit :
> Andreas Tille a écrit le 29/04/2020 à 17:36 :
>> Hi Gilles,
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 05:10:38PM +0200, Gilles Filippini wrote:
>>>
>>> I've cloned the git repo and attempted a build. But the dh_auto_test
>>> part doesn't execute any test actually:
>>>
>>>    debian/rules override_dh_auto_test
>>> make[1]: Entering directory
>>> ===============================================
>>>     All
>>>     Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
>>> ===============================================
>>>

>>> ===============================================
>>> All
>>> Total tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
>>> ===============================================
>>
>> Thanks a lot for checking - any idea how to force execution of
>> the tests?
>
> No, I don't know how this is supposed to work :/

Thanks for checking; I had also seen that these tests did not run, this will
have to be fixed. More important is the fact that I have put and arranged
the piece of code of dh_auto_test override into a test in
debian/tests/providedTests; here they run, and while the first ones pass,
next ones fail and I feel this is because the java code cannot link to the
native code in the jni package.

Yet, my problem is that I have not been able to investigate more deeply, as
the Java part is build using Gradle but the jni part is built outside of
Gradle, using a single command.
I thus don't know if the link between the Java and native code is correctly
done at that stage.

While I agree, of course, that we will need that the tests in
override_dh_auto_test run, we are already able to reproduce the problem I am
describing by running autopkgtest on the built package.

> _g.

Thanks again for considering this,

All the best,
Pierre