Re: help with packaging

Hi Badar,

thanks a lot for your interest in Debian Med.  Its really great how many
people are joining and helping currently.

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 05:50:54PM +0500, bdr.chachar wrote:
> i have been using debian for some years, currently buster. i am interested
> to help this team with packaging. i have old dell laptop with 3gb ram, is it
> okay for the task?

As always: It depends. :-)  You can just give it a try.

> i have also learned to build a deb from source, whatelse
> do i need to learn for this task.

May be it is helpful if you read the Debian Med policy[1].

Than we have a list of packages that are waiting for packaging[2].

Please do *NOT* pick R-packages for *manual* packaging.  Thats
works nearly fully automated in r-pkg team.  So if you know what
to do properly its fine - but manual packaging is a waste of
time.

> PS: its my first time to contribute to opensource so kindly help me crawl.

Let us know here if you need further help

     Andreas.

[1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/2020-covid19-hackathon/-/wikis/COVID-19-Hackathon-packages-needing-work