Re: New target: Re-introduce slicer (Was: Please help to specify COVID-19 packages)

Hi Sébastien,

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 03:54:42PM +0200, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> > > generation of 3D viewers (MPR) that can display CT-scans directly in the Web
> > > browsers through WebAssembly. (BTW, an updated version of the "emscripten"
> > > package would be needed to have an official Debian package of such a Web
> > > viewer.)
> >
> > Did you files a bug report against emscripten?  We might consider to use
> > some "COVID-19 relevant" text snippet in the title of the bug.
>
> Regarding the emscripten package, there is already a large number of pending
> bugs:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/emscripten
>
> I'm unsure whether adding another one would help here. As the package has
> not been updated for more than 5 years, I fear this package should actually
> be considered as orphaned.

Uhmmm, well, yes.  I had a quick look at it and started to work at least
on getting the latestupstream in some sensible way.  But I agree that's a
beast which is exceeding by far the time I'd be willing to spent.  But
there might other good reasons that someone might spent some time on it.