Re: Debian @ COVID-19 Biohackathon (April 5-11, 2020)

Hello Debian Med team!

On 3/27/20 3:59 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Dear Debian Community,
>
> There will be an virtual (online) COVID-19 Biohackathon from April 5-11,
> 2020 and the Debian Med team invite you help us improve biomedical FOSS
> and the tools/libraries that support those projects.

I'm so glad that you're doing this and I've very excited to help do my
small part to help! My boss very graciously allowed me to support this
effort next week instead of my normal work. I just requested team
membership on Salsa so that I can be more useful during this effort, and
in the future as well, time allowing.

> Most tasks do not require any knowledge of biology or medicine, and all
> types of contributions are welcome: bug triage, testing, documentation,
> CI, translations, packaging, and code contributions.

Speaking of being more useful, in addition to Debian and engineering
experience, I actually do have a Biology (and Pre-Med) undergrad degree
so I know enough to be dangerous. ;) In all seriousness, since I am
conversant in the Bio-Med world, what do you most need help with that
would benefit from someone who has a little background? Happy to help
with anything, but I want to help you have the best-possible impact!

Looking forward to helping next week!!

-Olek