New target: Re-introduce slicer (Was: Please help to specify COVID-19 packages)

Dear Sébastien,

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 07:40:48AM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> All the packages related to X-ray chest and CT-scan radiology in clinical
> setups can be considered as relevant to COVID-19 [1]. DICOM viewers (2D +
> MPR) and DICOM servers that work out-of-the-box are probably useful.
>
> Among others, this includes the packages from the "orthanc" family
> (disclaimer: I'm the author of Orthanc).

I know and I thank your for this and I really appreciate your work to also
maintain the Debian packages!

> Regarding COVID-19, I'm currently working on enabling Python scripting in
> Orthanc to automate routing of medical images in hospitals, and on a new
> generation of 3D viewers (MPR) that can display CT-scans directly in the Web
> browsers through WebAssembly. (BTW, an updated version of the "emscripten"
> package would be needed to have an official Debian package of such a Web
> viewer.)

Did you files a bug report against emscripten?  We might consider to use
some "COVID-19 relevant" text snippet in the title of the bug.

> As far as I'm concerned, as all my free time is dedicated to this work, it
> is not possible for me to help on Debian packaging besides the "orthanc*"
> packages I maintain.

OK.

> Other related packages in Debian Med [2] notably include aeskulap, conquest,
> dcmtk, ginkgocadx, imagej, gdcm, and slicer. Also, note that GNU Health now
> features an Orthanc integration [3].

I moved the orphaned slicer Git archive from Science team to Med team and
did some automatic upgrade[4] and droped some hints in d/changelog for
volunteers grabbing that package.  It needs to be re-introduced and probably
repackaged from scratch.  (These upstream hints[5] migh be helpful in doing
so.)

I've turned all your hints into "code" - means I updated the covid-19 task[6]
Your hints are really appreciated and we really urgently need exactly this
kind of hints from other fields, namely Bioinformatics.  I do not want to
blindly move the while bio task into covid-19.  So please help!

> This list is by no way exhaustive!

Other hints are really welcome.

Thanks a lot

      Andreas.