Re: Outreachy project

Hi Andreas!

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:01 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Dear Joyce,
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:54:24AM -0700, jyzhou15 wrote:
> > I just registered to the mailing list and thought I would introduce myself
> > as a potential Outreachy participant.
>
> Thank you for the introduction and your interest in the Debian Med project
>
> > Am in the process of reading docs and mailing list archive to get a sense
> > of how I should start contributing. Looking forward to learning lots.
>
> I'd recommend to specifically read the thread with subject "Outreachy
> current".

Yep, I read through that thread (but unfortunately started setting up my VM
before I got to Vagrant, oops. Thanks Liubov for sharing.

> > Also I am in UTC -8 timezone.
>
> Together with your name I guess you might be located in China. ;-)
> We have Charles Plessy in Japan which should be quite "close" regarding
> time zone.

I'm not sure how to reply to two messages at once, but yep I'm on the
other side of
the date line. :)

> Please do not hesitate to ask any questions here
>
>      Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

For sure! I want to check my understanding of a couple things.

Looking through the unit tests in other packages, it looks like we are
mostly testing
that there is an output without error, and not that the output is
necessarily "correct"
(if that is even possible to test). Is this about right?

I am also wondering about the tests template: seems like run-unit-tests contains
multiple calls to the program combined (except in Saira's
check-no-args test which
tests a different kind of behavior).

Thanks,
Joyce