Re: request for r-cran packages

On 20/03/2019 17:01, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
Well, I *personally* think that your decision to rely on those PPA and
hardly upgradable releases is asking for trouble at some point in time.
You are refusing the help of the men power of the Debian Med team who is
usually as quick as backports ftpmaster response to provide needed
backports.  But that's your decision and should not be discussed here.

Hi, Andreas.

I'm not refusing anyone's help!

This is not a problem with Debian, it's really a problem with Ubuntu's relationship to Debian - Please feel free to tell me I would not have these problems if I used Debian :-)

I only want to use Ubuntu LTS releases which, I now know, means I won't get all the up-to-date things you are contributing to Debian because LTS are not rolling releases. So, I'm making the same pragmatic choice that Tim Booth made in Bio-Linux 8 to use Michael Rutter's Ubuntu PPA's. I wish Ubuntu 18.04 had the up-to-date Debian packages, but it does not.

Sorry again about the false alarm asking Debian-Med to package the three R
libraries that I needed. They are fully supported in the CRAN 3.5 PPA.

Hope this doesn't put you off packaging PIQUE!

It seems I did not made my point clear enough.  PIQUE is depending from
those R packages and thus theses need to be packaged before PIQUE.
Luckily this is done and the packages are just waiting for ftpmaster.
The same is true for EMMAX (I mean the same way this is needed - thanks
to https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2019/03/msg00085.html we hopefully
can make ftpmaster accepting it).

Please confirm that you understood that a package can only exist in
Debian if all its preconditions are packaged.

I do understand, and thank you for uploading the three r-cran packages.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk