Re: Refs to Conda - giving it a try after meeting Björn at a conference

On 9/18/19 3:25 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I just met Björn from the Conda community over here at the GCB in
> Heidelberg. Over some sweet cake we agreed that it would be good to
> mutually reference our packages. And we find that it would be mutually
> beneficial to develop some training material that references both
> conda and Debian packages, allowing the focus to remain on the
> biology. The idea is to allow for the smoothest possible transition
> from "Jugend forscht!"-/hobby/student side projects to HPC
> environments and back, like to explain results to the public. We had
> also some early thoughts about how to help automating the exchange of
> links with some inter-distributional bots, also involving the
> github-reinvented bio.tools.

We have some things in progress with Björn and other Elixir project
members to link tools with the github/bio.tools stuff. Things are going
slowly for some time. I am involved as part of biocontainers with Björn.

Idea is to refer to biotools identifiers (biocontainers -> biotools,
conda -> biotools etc..), and "inject" automatically in biotools the
availability of a "package" (docker, conda, .....)

Mickael and Hervé I think already worked in Debian to add some biotools
identifiers in DebianMed packages metadata

> Does anybody of folks reading this attend their upcoming BioHackathon
> in Paris?
>
> You are all up for this, right?

won't be there, I have an other meeting same date (though in Paris too...)

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, IRISA

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438