Please port Metabit to Python3

Hello,

the Debian Med team has started packaging Metabit for official Debian
since a long time.  Unfortunately that packaging effort was stalled for
unrelated reasons but it might be that it will be revived.  The recently
released Debian 10 was the last Debian release featuring Python2 since
this programming language is EOL. If you are interested that we might
package Metabit in official Debian (and that users of other modern
distributions will have no problems to install Metabit on their systems)
I'd recommend you port your code to Python3. The 2to3 tool might be of
great help here.

Kind regards,