Re: new versions of q2cli and q2templates

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 18:59, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Liubov,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 05:22:33PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> I have just noticed some other routine updates (new Standards-Version,
> debhelper-compat instead of debhelper) that I missed while updating
> q2templates. I will push them in a while!

I'd strongly recommend to use

   https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/blob/master/routine-update

(in case there is no new upstream version with --force option).
This does all the magic for you. ;-)

Thanks for the reminder, Andreas, I will certainly use it next time! Especially since it's also updating the debhelper field, among other things :-)

> After upgrading lintian, I see out-of-date-standards-version lintian
> message, but it doesn't complain of debhelper. Is it normal or I should set
> up some additional flag to see it?

Lintian warns if debhelper is below 9.  But we strive to follow recent
debhelper (if there is no good reason to not upgrade).

With regards,
Liubov