Re: Exonerate conflicts with biobambam

Am 27.07.2019 um 20:09 schrieb Andreas Tille:
On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 07:40:45PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
dpkg: error processing archive
/var/cache/apt/archives/exonerate_2.4.0-4_amd64.deb (--unpack):
  trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/fastaexplode', which is also in package
biobambam2 2.0.95-1

Grummel. Does anybody have any insights on what is going on?
Just guessing: You have some local package biobambam2 with a file name
conflict?

This one https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/biobambam2

I lack insights thought if the two are doing the very same thing or if
this is some coincidence of some sort. We did not have too many
conflicts without our community, yet. A stackoverflow entry points to
the exonerate package:

https://bioinformatics.stackexchange.com/questions/7326/downloading-fasta-for-each-chromosome-of-a-complete-genome

I am tempted to put fastaexplode into a separate package . Does anybody
by chance know if
https://github.com/gt1/biobambam2/blob/master/src/programs/fastaexplode.cpp
is doing the same thing? I'd otherwise contact upstream about it.

Steffen