Re: [MoM] mmseqs2

Hi Shayan,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:56:29PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> I have received an email from another MMseqs2 developer with some
> information and proposed changes.
>
> Firstly, it came to my attention that MMseqs2 was developed with 64-bit
> systems in mind and may break when using x86, as within the code, there
> is the assumption that sizeof(size_t) == 8. Would changing arch=any to
> strictly match that of amd64 or x86_64 be an issue?

I'd recommend something like

   Architecture: any-amd64 any-ppc64 any-ia64 arm64 mips64el alpha sparc64

(if there is no simple way to enable 32bit).

> I was also informed of a regression / test suite[1] which seems to be
> nice. Maybe I will end up completely replacing the current test unit to
> use this instead of my patched one.

I'm fine with any enhancement you intend to implement.

> There were a few licensing issues which I will rectify. MMseqs2 uses
> source files that are adapted from these projects[2] and are spread all
> around the codebase. Should I include these into the copyright file or
> not, as I am not sure as to how much these have been adapted or look
> different.

I'm not sure whether I understand the question.  Any copyright information
belongs to debian/copyright in the given format.

Thanks again for your repeated work it

      Andreas.