Re: New version of proteinortho

Hi Paul,

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 05:06:05PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> If you talk about a PR the source is probably on some Git repository
> (which I'm not aware about).  Please let me know the Git repository
> and if there is a release tag it accordingly (we usually do not
> package random commits or pull requests).

I've now understood that you created a clone of the packaging repository
in salsa and tried to upgrade the packaging.  I admit I just copied your
work in the debian/ dir and commited this to the packaging repository.
I really appreciate your intend to help, but there are some rules
specified in Debian Med team policy[1] which are simplifying the
maintenance in the team.  You are happily invited to be guided into
these rules.  Otherwise it might be easier if you simply ping here on
the list that some new upstream version is out.  Usually its a quite
automatic process to upgrade (but the proteinortho 6.x series was hidden
for our tools since the download location had changed - this kind of
change is very important to know for the packaging).

Kind regards and thanks for your effort in any case

      Andreas.

[1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/