Re: Requested reminder for Andreas: Put EDAM version into udd

Hi Andreas,

On 10.03.19 18:13, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Many greetings from the Debian Med Sprint - Andreas sits next to me
> and asked for this reminder. This is also an opportunity to remind you
> all about the package annotation with the edamontology we are
> (optionally) doing as described on
> https://wiki.debian.org/debian/upstream/edam .  This annotation is
> mean to help with the linearisation of tools to form workflows.
> Eventually.

This is not the email I wanted to have quoted, but, anyway - it is
pretty close :o)

Do you see a chance to find the reason why the edam_topic
(https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/blob/fad26b67e7a1f9787d7c3a8d03ead001f96e8c94/webtools/blendstasktools.py#L364)
is not presented on the Debian task pages? You recall that patch-attempt
of mine.

The edam.sh script of yours has it as

          bibdoi.value as doi,
          edam.topics  as topics,
          edam.scopes  as edam_scopes,
          biotools.entry  as "bio.tools",
          omictools.entry as "OMICtools",
          seqwiki         as "SEQwiki",
          scicrunch       as "SciCrunch",

and it shows a series of entries with topics, which to me indicates that
the data is in the udd. Once working I'll then add a link the EDAM
ontology browser of Hervé. The issue of that will be that term names are
(theoretically) ambiguous unless accompanied by a version of the
ontology. At the time, to keep everything human-readable, we had decided
to store the names of the entries, not their identifier.

Many thanks and greetings

Steffen