Re: Debian Med Homepage - maybe all blends as "blendname".debian.net ?

On 14.03.19 15:55, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 02:42:18PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> How do you all feel about having a home page for the Debian Med project
>> at an even simpler URL? We have https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
>> which is really easy to remember [01189998819991197253] but when putting
>> this anywhere publicly this has the chance to just raise some questions
>> like ... why?
>>
>> I propose to give all blends a blendname.debian.net address. Would that
>> be reasonable? med.debian.net for us, I  mean. I personally also prefer
>> the .net as being more inviting to the derivative distributions of Debian.
> I'd vote for blendname.debian.org.  There is no point in beeing "inviting"
> since derivative also can not register a debian.net address.

The two worries I have about .org is that a) Debian Med in my
understanding is not only about Debian, but also about Med, and about
how biomedical challenges/routine are/is addressed on Debian
derivatives. A .net domain would reflect that a bit more than a .org
address does. That is what I meant to imply when I used the term
"inviting". b) The .org domain comes constraints for very accessible web
pages (https://www.debian.org/devel/website/) . On .net we would be more
free - also free to adhere to the same standards as .org - but I sense
that we may at some point want to have some JavaScript or so that helps
with the browsing through our packages. Or whatever. Going under the
.org umbrella may impede our development. We may need both. But I
personally, without having heard you all, prefer a mere .net.

> I also think this is the wrong list to discuss this on the Debian Med
> list only and direct the thread to debian-blends@lists.debian.org.

Let us start here to learn what we "med people" want and then ask the
"blends people" if they agree.

Best,

Steffen