Re: linking from debian med packages to bio.tools

Dear Hervé,

hope you had a safe trip home from Debian Med sprint.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 07:40:52PM +0100, Hervé Ménager wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have been working with Matus Kalas and Steffen Moeller during the
> debian-med sprint on linking bio.tools to debian-med packages.
> We created the mapping file there for consideration by the bio.tools
> community (based on Steffen, Andreas and Matus' work on annotation of
> debian packages and their integration in the debian
> UDD):https://github.com/bio-tools/debian-med-links-analysis/blob/master/debian-biotools.csv

I'd like to comment first that the code of the script draining those
data also resides in bio-tools Git[1].  I'm not sure in what repository
it is placed best.  I do not intend to maintain it actively since for
me that's a solved problem.  If you have more questions feel free
to ask me.

> I would like to get your opinion on how such links should appear in
> bio.tools. Two things
> come to my mind:
> 1- have a link to a webpage for the debian package itself
> 2- include an apt link for debian/ubuntu users who use that kind of
> fancy feature (https://wiki.debian.org/AptProtocol)

For me the latter is something new I was not aware about.  So I'd
go with the well established link to the packages page (may be even
to https://tracker.debian.org) and not use "fancy" features.

> Any advice/opinion?

Thanks for your work on this

      Andreas.