w1bw introduction

Debin-Med team,

I wanted to introduce myself with the intent of helping out.

I was a DD back in the 2000s (retired emeritus), and I'm interested in becoming active again. I've also done quite a bit of scientific computing in general and computational biology in particular, especially genome assembly, assembly improvement, and variant calling software (e.g., Pilon is a tool I wrote and published about 5 years ago and still maintain, and it looks as if this group recently packaged it).

For the moment, I am monitoring the list and re-familiarizing myself with DD processes. If there's anything urgent, I can try to jump in, meanwhile I'll be getting up to speed.

--bruce (formerly w1bw@debian.org)