Re: DCMTK #913304

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.01.2019, 22:36 +0100 schrieb Julien Lamy:

> > [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=913304
> >

> I think that Gert's idea in one of his latest commits [1] was
> actually to be able to have several dictionaries installed, one for
> each SOVERSION of libdcmtk. This makes sense since the symbols in the
> dictionaries are part of DCMTK's API and will change from one version
> to another. However, this requires the user to target the correct
> version of DCMTK by setting DCMDICTPATH. I've had a similar problem
> with Odil and solved it by using whatever dictionary I could find
> [2].
>
> Gert, what's your take on this? Bug or feature?
Actually the original patch goes back to this bug [1] and was done by
Mathieu (now in CC), and yes the idea is that different SO versions of
the library can be installed.

But it seems that I missed something, because I had to update the patch
because upstream changed DCMTK_INSTALL_DATADIR to CMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIR
and I blindly updated only the last part. I'll do another upload
shortly.

Best,
Gert

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=709123