Re: DCMTK #913304

Le 17/01/2019 à 22:14, Gregory Sharp a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have been investigating #913304 [1], which causes plastimatch tests to fail.
> (Also it makes dcmdump not working in sid.)   I think the problem can be
> solved by:
>
> sed -e 's/CMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIC/DCMTK_INSTALL_DATDIC/'
>
> to debian/patches/03_datadic_install.patch.
>
> If anyone familiar with this package can verify my idea, I would be super
> thankful.  Otherwise I will test myself, maybe next week.
>
> Thank you,
> Greg
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=913304

I think that Gert's idea in one of his latest commits [1] was actually
to be able to have several dictionaries installed, one for each
SOVERSION of libdcmtk. This makes sense since the symbols in the
dictionaries are part of DCMTK's API and will change from one version to
another. However, this requires the user to target the correct version
of DCMTK by setting DCMDICTPATH. I've had a similar problem with Odil
and solved it by using whatever dictionary I could find [2].

Gert, what's your take on this? Bug or feature?

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/dcmtk/commit/ce7924e
[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/odil/commit/ba63ae4#8756c63497c8dc39f7773438edf53b220c773f67_5_6

Cheers,