Re: Please update fis-gtm package

Hi Amul,

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 11:56:01AM -0500, Amul Shah wrote:

> It’s been a busy few months and I keep telling myself that I’ll do the fis-gtm package next week. We released V6.3-006 at the end of last month, but the corporate security goon squad decided to block SourceForge.net and we’re still awaiting for permission to access it from corporate resources.

If there is another URL where your releases are available for download
we could point the watch file to this alternative place.

As a personal note:  May be its time to leave SourceForge as hosting
platform.  There are more modern and way less advertising noise ones
these days.

> I tried searching (both in my email and via a mailing list search) for the package name discussion, but couldn’t find it. Could you resend it or remind me what the question is?

The question is:  The real binary package is renamed to always reflect
even the latest minor version change.  This always requires the fis-gtm
package to pass Debian new queue.  I was wondering with it might be
sufficient to say for instance have a package named

   Package: fis-gtm-6.3

instead of even adding -004, -006, etc. to the package name.  I have no
idea about the practival implications since I'm not a fis-gtm user but
it might be worth discussing in your team whether the Debian packages
are really used in all minor version changes.