Re: Test for sra-sdk

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 at 00:14 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 07:55:34PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 at 22:08 Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de
> > On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:17:13PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova
> > >
> > > They have updated it already to 2.9.1 :-) Should we first upload a new upstream version and then fix all the bugs or vice versa?
> >
> > I have not seen any commit for 2.9.1 yet.

> What I see is that version 2.9.1-1 is already available to download [1]
> :-) Unless I am missing something here..

Seems that was a classical mis-communication.  I assumed *you* would
have injected the new version in Debian packaging Git on Salsa (since
I suggested to write the tests for the latest version).

Sorry, but I was not even thinking about you assuming me to inject the new version.. What I thought is that you had checked the package's homepage and there had not been any updates to the version 2.9.1, so you offered me to add tests for the version 2.9.0. Since I usually just run all the package's tools using some test data, I believed that even if this new version was on its way, the tools would not change so much that I would need to rewrite the tests completely.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 at 07:24 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 12:13:33AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I adapted the patches and started the build which failed with:

It builds now - please test your patches with the new version
before I'll upload.

I tried to recreate an original tarball from the repository, but pristine-tar failed with the following error message:

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
xdelta3: normally this indicates that the source file is incorrect
xdelta3: please verify the source file with sha1sum or equivalent
pristine-tar: Failed to reproduce original tarball. Please file a bug report.

With regards,
Liubov