Re: [Bio-linux-list] FW: biolinux

On 26/09/18 13:48, Simon Wagstaff wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> We have an increasing number of people working with Galaxy on Biolinux 8. I understand that previous upgrades of Ubuntu break the BL version of Galaxy but I was wondering if there are plans to include Galaxy in the Bio-Linux 9 project?

Hi, Simon.

With help from the Debian-Med team, we are creating two metapackages:

  bio-linux-desktop
  bio-linux-server

Galaxy will be included in the server meta-package, but not in the
desktop package. My plan is that these meta-packages will eventually
arrive in the standard Ubuntu repositories via Debian Sid, which Ubuntu
is based on, and can be added to an existing Ubuntu 18.04 instance.

The Bio-Linux 9 USB-stick will be based on the desktop meta-package, so
that typical low-spec. laptops can use it without having to run server
processes by default.

Please join us in the Debian-Med team, and encourage others to, if you
want to help shape the future direction of Bio-Linux:

> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

Thanks,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk