Versioned source tarball for CCT

Hi,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a group inside
Debian with the objective to package free software in the field of
medicine and life science for official Debian.  I've got a user request
to install CCT[1] which seems to be a promising alternative to brig[2].

I have downloaded the whole zip archive[3] from the installation page.
I noticed that the download file does not feature any version number
which is generally not the best choice.  Users have no chance to know
whether this version is newer than what they downloaded before except
downloading again and compare the content.  I'd recommend to rather use
something like

   cgview_comparison_tool_2017_09_19.zip

or something like this since I've found an (empty) file
RELEASE-2017_09_19 which is probably the version of CCT.

Content wise I wonder whether there is any chance to download only your
own code + tests.  For instance in the directory bin/ there are lots of
JAR files which all are just packaged for Debian and we will not use
these since Debian prefers the packaged version which we are shipping
including source code over some "random" binaries.  Also the dir lib
contains third party Perl code which is otherwise packaged for Debian.

So what would help would be some alternative download option - may be in
some Git repository you might use where you can set release tags, which
only contains your own code which we could package for Debian.

Kind regards and thanks for providing CCT as Free Software in any case

     Andreas.

[1] http://stothard.afns.ualberta.ca/downloads/CCT/installation.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/brig/
[3] http://www.ualberta.ca/~stothard/downloads/cgview_comparison_tool.zip