Re: "med.bio" under Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS

Hi Tony,

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 11:36:02AM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> Sorry about my careless mistake + Thanks for correcting it :-)

No need to sorry - and you are welcome for sure. :-)

> > [...]
> > Could you please comment on this chunk (and the similar one later)?  In
> > how far is this related to the issue above?
>
> The "_metaphlan2.py" file contains Python 3 source but the "postinst"
> script runs "pycompile" on the Python source files. However, "pycompile"
> only supports Python version 2. The print() function in "_metaphlan2.py"
> can be imported from the "__future__" library, but Python 2 does not
> support function annotations: These are optional in Python 3, and are
> removed from the function definitions in "_metaphlan2.py" by the patch.

I admit I tried to reproduce the issue but failed.  I've applied the
patch anyway and just uploaded

    metaphlan2 2.7.6-1

Tony, thanks for the patch and the detailed explanation (which I've
added to the quilt patch).  Please let us know if there are any
remaining issues.