Von: Andreas Tille [mailto:andreas@an3as.eu]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Mai 2018 08:02
An: Tony Travis <tony.travis@abdn.ac.uk>
Cc: bio-linux-devel@bioinformatics.org; Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>; rkrenn@phoenixctms.org
Betreff: Re: [Bio-linux-devel] phoenix clinical trial management system integration

Hi,

@Tony: Thanks a lot for forwarding this. :-)

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 02:56:18PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> On 18/05/18 23:19, Rene Krenn wrote:
> > hello,
> >

> > would like to probe if there is an interest to include
> > https://github.com/phoenixctms ?
> >
> > it’s the most powerful EDC system we know.
> >

> > pls let me know if it makes sense and someone can/wants to help with
> > packaging.

For sure we would love to help you in packaging.  We have quite some record in teaching upstream how to package.  We have formalised this process in so called "Mentoring of the Month" (MoM)[1].  You are more than welcome to add yourself to the list of students (or simply confirm here on this list[2] if you are scared by just another random Wiki login in the web.  However, you should subscribe in any case this list since the mentoring is done in public.)

> Hi, Rene.
>
> Bio-Linux is a platform for bioinformatics, rather than collecting and
> analysing clinical trials data.

It looks like a good target for the task "Research"[3] which has no existing package yet which is a real shame - but may be you consider other of our tasks[4] fitting better / in addition.

> However, many packages from Debian-Med are included in Bio-Linux and
> the two projects work together to avoid duplication of effort
> packaging the same bioinformatics software.
>
> The Debian-Med project is much broader than Bio-Linux and specifically
> includes biomedical applications like your clinical trials management
> software. I've CC'ed your message to the Debian-Med mailing list so we
> can discuss the possibility of packaging your software there.
>
> Please post a message to the Debian-Med list explaining clearly what
> the licence is for your software and what, exactly, you want to package.

Nothing to add to Tony's kid explanation.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med
[3] https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/research
[4] https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks