Re: java9 javadoc errors (package htsjdk debianmed)

Le lun. 16 avr. 2018 à 18:05, olivier sallou <osallou@debian.org> a écrit :

Hi,

I face several javadoc errors (ending with NullPointerException) with openjdk 9 while updating package htsjdk.

I saw on internet several bugs related to javadoc.

Error ends with :

    javadoc: error - An exception occurred while building a component: TagInfo
         (java.lang.NullPointerException)

If I delete impacted files from doc, I go further but many files are impacted.

Anyone faced and could solve this?

It used to work on JDK8.

Example impacted "doc":

    /**
     * Calls close() on all elements of <code>objs</code> that implement Closeable
     *
     * @param objs   A list of potentially closeable objects
     *
     * NOTE: This method must take a List<? extends Object>, not List<Object>, otherwise the overload above will be selected
     * if the argument is not exactly List<Object>.
     */

Removing the last 2 lines part works.

It also occured on other files after a warning (not error):

/opt/debian/build-area/htsjdk-2.14.3+dfsg/src/main/java/htsjdk/samtools/util/BlockGunzipper.java:104: warning - Parameter "compressedBlock" is documented more than once.

Removing duplicate declaration works. But javadoc should not fail on a warning... (with an exception).

I am using opensjdk-9-jdk 9.0.4+12-4

Last option would be to remove javadoc package or patch all files... :-(

Olivier