Re: GSoC idea: recognize Debian-Med contributions via ORCID

Hi Michael, hi Andreas,

On 15.02.18 07:32, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Michael,

if you intend to mentor this simply add it to

    https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 05:46:38PM +0100, Michael Crusoe wrote:
Steps:
1. Collect ORCIDs using the public API
2. On a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis: generate a report of all
contributions during that period and publish on Zenodo with correct metadata
3. The contribution is listed on the researchers' profiles alongside their
other outputs.

This is a splendid idea IMHO as it would integrate Debian more with our
scientific routine. How do you think about having an optional ORCID
specification for the upstream developers? I am not sure if this should go
to debian/copyright (my preference) or to debian/upstream/metadata,
but if we think about Debian packages as a form of publication of
someone's scientific work, then the ORCIDs of upstream should not
be missed.

Thanks! For this project we should focus on the Debian side first and foremost.

I've started the proposal at https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects/RecognizeDebianMedContributorsViaORCID

But we need to act quickly!

As for collecting ORCIDs from upstream, I think that is what https://github.com/citation-file-format/citation-file-format/ and https://github.com/codemeta/codemeta are already working on (see https://github.com/force11/force11-sciwg for more background)

Best,

Steffen

--
Michael R. Crusoe
Co-founder & Lead, Common Workflow Language project