Re: GSoC idea: recognize Debian-Med contributions via ORCID

On 02/15/2018 12:04 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hi Michael, hi Andreas,
>
> On 15.02.18 07:32, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> if you intend to mentor this simply add it to
>>
>>     https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>           Andreas.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 05:46:38PM +0100, Michael Crusoe wrote:
>>> Steps:
>>> 1. Collect ORCIDs using the public API
>>> 2. On a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis: generate a report of all
>>> contributions during that period and publish on Zenodo with correct
>>> metadata
>>> 3. The contribution is listed on the researchers' profiles alongside
>>> their
>>> other outputs.
>
> This is a splendid idea IMHO as it would integrate Debian more with our
> scientific routine. How do you think about having an optional ORCID
> specification for the upstream developers?
but how do you find/get ORCID of upstream ? Would need additional search
work when packaging, and may always be easy to find.

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, IRISA

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438