Re: https://salsa.debian.org and Debian Med as a group?

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 12:00:17AM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Is anybody in contact with Formorer about how to proceed? Are we about to
> get groups for every blend? Should we have all packages over there or only
> the ones with many contributors?

We did some preliminar testing this afternoon, and the plan is to
announce the service as open for business on Sunday (or shortly after,
depending on when the announcement text will be ready and formorer can
send it out).

More is to come with that announcement, so I recommend to just hold on
mass migration and such for a few more days.

> just a few minutes ago I received an invitation to the Debian group on
> https://salsa.debian.org .

What you received was not an invitation, but a promotion.  Your user is
already there, and already part of the Debian group, it was promoted
from "developer" to "master" so that DDs can create repository within
the group (the idea is that the "Debian" group will replace
collab-maint).

Those emails really were the worst, I'd have personally prefer to avoid
spamming 1k+ people with those days before the actual announcement.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :