Writing desktop files (Was: Twitter users please forward [Outreachy] Too many/too few Outeachy applicants?)

Hi Matthias,

I'm shamelessly following our leader[1] and move to public discussion
what is not private.

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 03:47:14PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> ... in any case, I am glad that there is someone
> for this pretty important task.
> Do you think we can motivate people (not necessarily Outreachy people)
> to write metainfo and .desktop files to have science apps show up in
> GNOME Software & Co? Seeing GENtle popcon increasing quite a bit after
> I made it show up in GNOME Software was quite neat.

I plan to file bug reports against Debian Med packages with missing
autopkgtest and hope that people grab these in our advent calendar bug
squashing party.  Feel free to do the same with missing desktop files.
It always deserves a wishlist bug. :-)

I see no better way to "motivate".

[1] https://chris-lamb.co.uk/posts/dont-ask-your-questions-in-private