Re: References to registries on task pages - how?

Hi Andreas,

On 22.07.17 16:38, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 11:43:59AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
>> you may have seen me and Dylan (!) add references to software registries
>> for computational biology. I admit to have lost oversight a bit which
>> packages already have these references and which should still be
>> annotated. So, to
>>  - help myself but also to
>>  - promote the effort a bit more and
>>  - help the communication with the registries to offer links back to our
>> package tracker (OMICtools does this already)
>> the references to registries should be visible on our task pages. Could
>> you please help me with directions where I need to look for bits and
>> pieces to change? Is this all going through the UDD?
> I plan to do some work on the tasks pages when beeing in DebCamp (= in
> two weeks).  You can support this by proposing a layout and explaining
> how to turn the references into links.

This is excellent news, have many thanks!

Layoutwise I suggest to show all references sequentially on one line or
as part of a line:
point we could possilbly think of increasing the dynamics of that page
with some fancy JavaScript library, but then again, this should possibly
be synchronized with whatever web page
overhaul of debian.org our new DPL is aiming at.

The respective URLs are
"http://bio.tools/tool/"+ID (as in http://bio.tools/tool/AUGUSTUS)
"https://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:"+ID (as in
https://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:SCR_005476)
for OMICtools the situation is somewhat weird as I now fail to find the
tool when searching for the ID. For the moment please use
"https://www.google.com/search?q="+ID as in
https://www.google.com/search?q=OMIC_13245
and I hope to get some clarification from them on how to use them any
time soon.

The SEQwiki is apparently down for a while already, so I suggest to not
show it. But we could prepare for
"http://seqanswers.com/wiki/"+ID (as in http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Bwa)

Many thanks and best regards,

Steffen