Re: Orthanc for digital pathology

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 07:58:34PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > >HIS
> > >IMAGING
> > >LAB
> > >ONCO
> > >PRACTICE
> > >
> > >Karsten
> >
> > I agree with Karsten's selection.
>
> Thanks also to Karsten.  Commited.

May I, again, point out that the existing tasks are rather
arbitrary ?  There's 3 main areas in "medical" software:

pure research
	("biological" software, really)

medical practice
	(say, HIS / RIS / PMS)

clinical studies
	(that is, the bridge between the above)

For example, ONCOLOGY belongs into all of them, so does
IMAGING. Or put another way, people seeing ONCOLOGY will
expect to find quite different things depending on which of
the above three angles they are coming from...

Not sure how which way this situation should be improved, now
whether it needs improvement at all...

Put yet another way, it doesn't make much sense for a
radiologist at a medical practice to install the task IMAGING
and end up with a RIS alongside image processing tools
related to aligning multifocal layered microscope images or
cell slides image segmentation algorithms or fluoroscopy cell
detection tools. I suppose you see what I mean.

Ideally, one could select

	[x] medical practice
	[ ] research
	[ ] clinical studies
	[x] imaging
	[x] oncology

or some such.

Or else more task-oriented tasks might be used

	practice management
	gene sequencing
	RIS workstation
	RIS server
	wet lab

For what it's worth...

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346