Re: Help needed for course lecture about Debian packaging

Hello all again,

We do it like what you said but we want to be sure it is the right way. Thank you all for help.

Best Regards

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 05:56:59PM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> By getting to know the software you are willing to package?

In other words: reading the docs.

> On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 20:43 +0300, Canberk Koç wrote:
> > We are wondering that specially how can we find the building dependencies of a source code at first. Did we have a tool for that? ( Source code is only source files not debian dir included )

Another strategy is to start with no Build-Depends and see what the
build system is asking for.  However, this might lead to restricted
functionality if you are not watching the log file properly.