Re: figtree autopkgtest

Dear Katerina,

[Somehow your text is really unreadable.  May be you try forcing
 GMail to use plain text.  You can possibly do so by marking your
 whole text using <Ctrl>-A and than use the T_x icon on the bottom.]

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 05:42:07PM +0200, Kalou.Katerina wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> I made the following changes in the figtree package : deleted (commented)
> the first suggested test which
> needs graphical output
> ​ and changed the last suggested test from 'gif' to 'png' output.  Finally
> , i manually exported
> the proper 'tree' files and added them to the 'experiments' folder, so that
> the 'autopkgtest -- null' is running succesfully
> on my machine.

Hmmm, despite the typo I fixed in cf1d7328b923a0485527a7b78a31cff51e8fe3e2 ?
;-)

I also changed the location of the examples.  For the packaging you
should *only* deal with the debian/ dir.  If you need to change / create
files in the upstream source tree you need to provide a quilt patch.
However, in this specific case I just moved the files to debian/examples
and added this to the debhelper install file.

> I tested around with the idea of starting
> xvfb-run
> ​and finding a way to export the proper '.tree' files
> without user interaction. I found the relative '
> ​​

I think that's really tricky if the application does not support this.
Just for the sake of interest I really managed this kind of test with
gdpc - but I think we are doing fine with the graphics export in the
figtree case.

> FigTreeNexusImporter​
> ​.java' function in the 'src' folder
> and tried to incorporate it in the test file ( as ' javac
> ​
> FigTreeNexusImporter​
> ​.java'
> but obviously i failed. I​
> ​f
> anyone who knows java wants to offer any help it would be a big help :)​

Hmmm, I can not help with Java and I think there is no need to.

> I think i messed up with the commit to the master branch of debian med in
> git.

What do you mean?  The commits seem to be OK.

> I should create
> a patch first and do 'git am' instead of that i did 'git push' , i was
> following a git tutorial and it was
> an accident. I am sorry about that. I will be more careful (and better
> prepared) next time.

Actually 'git push' is the way to go.

> I am looking for the next bug to close ( probably
> #879616
> ​ ?)​
> <879616@bugs.debian.org>

Please write a note to this bug report to inform others that you are
working on it.

> ​Thank you for all the help!​

You are welcome - thanks to you for the autopkgtest