Re: Uploaded new version 1.6 of htslib, samtools & bcftools to experimental - any known issues with reverse dependencies

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 05:23:21PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> Although, looking at
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/htslib.git/commit/?id=ca55c40f2a3154004d6e55eac4bdc2cdffa413b3
> I noticed that:
>
> 1) you happily removed symbols: why so?  removing symbols is a ABI
> break, and that would usually call for a SONAME bump that upstream
> didn't do.  Those things need to be investigated singularly, what were
>  cram_stats_dump
>  debug_vbuf
>  debug_vsets
>  hopen_json_redirect
> and why were they removed.  Just happily removing them from the .symbols
> file is NOT acceptable.
> If you did such research at the very least I'd expect to see an
> explanation in the commit message

Sorry for not beeing more verbose.  This was the result of the patch
I've got when trying to build the package *including* the symbols.  :-(
These were marked as "# MISSING #".

Feel free to try your luck without removing ...

> 2) the version used in the new symbols should be '1.6' not '1.6-1'

Fixed in Git.

Kind regards and thanks a lot for checking