Please clarify license of LAMARC

Hi,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a group inside
Debian with the objective to package all free software that is relevant
in medicine and life sciences.  Since LAMARC was part of BioLinux (which
seems to be discontinued) we picked up the packaging for official Debian.

I have technically solved the packaging - you might like to inspect the
patches[1] I used.  They are partly to use Debian packaged libraries
tinyxml and boost but others are fixes to get the software build with
latest Gcc version (thanks also to Gert Wollny for the help).

Before I can upload the package to Debian the licensing needs some
clarification.  The file

   doc/licenses/lamarc.txt

says:

  Copyright 2002-2005 Mary K. Kuhner, Peter Beerli, and Joseph Felsenstein

  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

However, every single source file contains the text:

  Copyright 2002 Peter Beerli, Mary Kuhner, Jon Yamato and Joseph Felsenstein

  This software is distributed free of charge for non-commercial use
  and is copyrighted.  Of course, we do not guarantee that the software
  works, and are not responsible for any damage you may cause or have.

which conflicts with the license above.  I have not found any licensing
text on your website nor any other hint what license really applies.  I
would like to mention that we can only provide DFSG-free software which
conflicts with the restriction to non-commercial use.  Could you please
clarify which license applies.

Thank you

       Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/lamarc.git/tree/debian/patches