Re: bart version 0.4.02

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 02:09:19PM +0000, Uecker, Martin wrote:
> thank you for uploading. Some of the (new) unit tests fail
> on some architectures. As these are tests which do not
> indicate problems for functionality currently exposed to
> the user and because the cause seems to be some minor
> differences in floating point processing, I simply turned
> them off for now.

"For now" means you plan to fix this in future releases?

> Of course, this is one of the reason it is great to have
> the package in debian because this is valuable information
> to me as a developer...
>
> If you agree with this change, can you please upload again?

While I have no idea about the importance of the tests at least the
description of the change seems missleading.  It reads as if a subset of
the tests would have been switched off for some architectures but the
change looks like all tests are disabled for those architectures.  If
this is the only sensible solution for the moment I can upload this
change but it would be nice to have full featured testing back in the
future.

BTW, if you are running some build time tests would you consider more
sophisticated autopkgtest than just running `bart --version`?