Re: RFS: simpleitk/1.0.1-1 [ITP]

Hi Afif, thanks for taking care of the review (and uploading dcm2niix).

On 02/11/17 02:05, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
Based on the Python policy, the python3-dev build-dependency should be
either python3-all-dev, or specific to a minor version of python3 (like
python3.5-dev) [2].

Since the build system does not let me easily build against all supported Python 3 versions, a dependency on python3-dev makes more sense than python3-all-dev. I have seen this done many times in other CMake-based build of packages.

My reading of the BuildProfileSpec wiki page suggests to me that the
`googletest` build dependency should be qualified as `googletest
<!nocheck>`. And I'm not sure that there is need to wrap the
override_dh_auto_test rule to look for `nocheck` in `DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS`,
but I've posted a question about this to -devel [3] since I've seen
similar code get added to python-pysam as well [4].

You are absolutely correct. I have updated the repository accordingly.

Although guarding the override is not always superfluous, depending on your build system. For pybuild or CMake though, it should not be needed.

Thanks and regards
Afif

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/simpleitk.git

2.